ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SECTION 7
THE MYTH OF THE CURSE ON CAIN.
One of the great tragedies of erroneous Biblical misrepresentation has been the interpretation by many of Genesis 9:18-27 as relating to a curse upon the black people. Some Christians think the Bible placed a curse upon certain races, making them inferior and destined to become slaves. This is based upon a misunderstanding of the curse placed on Canaan after the Flood.
It has been advocated that the mark of Cain referred to the black race, but it must be pointed out that the word "oth does not signify mark as an outward physical symbol put on Cain, but would be better translated as "sign. In any case, it does not state that the mark was related in any way to skin colour or physical characteristics, but if Cain had been given the mark of being black, then all of his descendants would have died in the flood, and since Noah's sons were Sethites (Genesis 5), the curse would have ended with the flood making the issue mute.
Noah blessed Shem and Japheth while placing a curse not on Ham, but on one of his four sons Canaan. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that God cursed Ham which resulted in his descendents becoming slaves or black in skin colour. Nevertheless, so called Christians and others with evil intent or maybe an ulterior motive have perverted this passage to justify slavery and debase the true superior nature of Blacks by inferring that some imaginary curse was placed on Ham by God and by extension on the African people since Ham's other sons were Cush - Ethiopia; Mizraim Egypt and Phut - Libya, who populated Africa. On the other hand, Canaan was the father of the people located in Phoenicia, Palestine, and Canaan.
The servitude or suppression of the Canaanites took place at numerous times throughout history under various rulers, but their ultimate end came under the Romans, the descendants of Japeth, when their final stronghold in the ancient city of Carthage, a Phoenician or Canaanite colony in North Africa was destroyed by the Romans. The Canaanites too were once slaves of the Hebrews who descended from the line of Shem, and they were themselves once the slaves of the Egyptians, thus fulfilling the Biblical prophecy that Canaan's descendants would be a servant of servants. The Biblical prophecy concerning the curse of the Canaanites had therefore been fulfilled a long ago.
So note carefully that even though Noah had put this horrible curse on Canaan, it never extended to those other blacks of Africa who were forcibly uprooted and shipped to the Americas and the West Indies as slaves, because those Blacks did not descend from the Canaanites. Moreover, individual Canaanites throughout history like Rahab the harlot for example who trusted in the one true God were delivered from that curse. That same Rahab who was cited in Joshua of the Old Testament is identified in the New Testament as being an ancestor of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
THE NATURE OF THE BLACK CURSE
The Israelites - Black people, entered into a covenant with The Most High, (Deuteronomy 29:1). They agreed to keep this covenant by following the laws, statutes, judgments, and commandments of The Most High (Exodus 19:5,8). The Creator's part of the covenant was to make Israel a mighty, righteous nation, which would be above all nations on the face of the Earth, (Exodus 19:5 - Deuteronomy 28:13), but because the Israelites failed to keep their end of the deal, they were put under curses or punishments by The Most High
- THE TRANS -ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE - BROUGHT INTO SLAVERY ON SHIPS (Deut 28:68)
- HIGH PRISON POPULATION (Isaiah 42:22)
- A SICK AND DISEASED STRICKEN PEOPLE (Deut 28: 59-61)
- SUFFERING FROM MENTAL ILLNESS BECAUSE OF WHAT IS SEEN (Deut 28:28,34)
- CHILDREN TAKEN AWAY AND GIVEN TO OTHER PEOPLE (Deut 28:32)
- EVERY RACIAL GROUP WILL COME INTO BLACK NEIGHBORHOODS AND RUN SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSES (Deut 28:43-44)
- SCATTERED BY SLAVERY INTO ALL NATIONS (Deut 28:25, 64 - Luke 21:24)
- NOT BEING ABLE TO STAND AGAINST ENEMIES (Leviticus 26:37-38, Deut 28:25)
- HAVING NO POWER, ALWAYS ROBBED AND SPOILED (Deut 28:29)
- CALLED RACIST NAMES INSTEAD OF REFERRED TO BY TRUE IDENTITY (Deut 28:37)
- YOUNG MEN STANDING ON STREET CORNERS GOING BUCK WILD (Isaiah 51:20)
- HAVING MANY PLACES OF WORSHIP ON EVERY CITY STREET CORNER (Ezekiel 16:24-25)
- FEARFUL FOR LIFE WITHOUT ASSURANCE OF LIFE (Deut 28:64-66)
- LYNCHING AND BEING BURNED ALIVE BY THE ENEMY, (Deut 28:22)
- TEENAGE GANGS RUNNING BLACK NEIGHBORHOODS, & MANY CORRUPT ELECTED OFFICIALS AND LEADERS Isaiah 3:12)
© John Moore - Barbados, W.I. (May 2005) ©. All rights reserved.
View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook